Monday 15 April 2013

What's in a name!

Back in 2010 I was made redundant from my Civil Engineering job. Although leaving the MC crew behind was upsetting, this gave me the opportunity to re-evaluate my career and decided that although my time with Millards had been good, Civil Engineering wasn't really what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.
Millards boys and girls - a fab wee family
Along with the "joyful" task of job hunting and signing on I started looking into starting my own sewing business. While collating information to create a business plan one of the requirements was to give a business name. I started with the obvious "AJ's sewing business" but it didn't feel like a company name that would elude to anything more than someone who makes and alters clothes.

It was around this time that I was making cloaks for my auntie who was renewing her wedding vows with a hand fasting ceremony. I was asked to take part in the ceremony as well by giving a reading for the element of water. I started making a dress for myself as well but couldn't decide what colour of ribbon to use as a belt for the dress. And this is how it started......

Red was definitely the way forward, so Turquoise and Red it was. And I loved it so much I have tattooed myself with my colours. 

 So watch this space and follow where Turquoise and Red goes, I hope to be around for a while. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment